We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For fishing vacationers--

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
633 posts
265 reviews
Save Topic
For fishing vacationers--

We went to Hot Springs for one week for a timeshare stay with our jon boat and great enthusiasm. We wanted to fish but we knew nothing about the local lakes. After much discussion, my husband and i decided to look for a fishing guide. We contacted Wayne Crumpton (501-767-4794) after reading a bunch of ads on the internet. I had read all of Tripadvisor reviews and forums but I could not find any guide recommendations. After much discussion, we chose Wayne partly because he has been in the guide business for 30 years, partly because he is a local, and partly because he has been a Bass Tournament winner. I knew my husband would enjoy talking to Wayne about his experiences.

We were not disappointed! The week we were in Hot Springs, fishing was pretty tough fish - wise. (dern those critters) The first morning we had made arrangments to meet Wayne near Lake Ouachita. We were staying on Lake Hamilton, but one goes where the fish are biting! Wayne got us on Lake Ouachita in his bass boat, and we were catching fish within the first 15 minutes! Wayne was a great guy. He supplied all the equipment and he had the patience of a saint. He even changed my fishing reel to right-handed without grumbling. My husband and I learned several new fishing tricks (? techniques). We had a full morning of fishing and swapping fish stories.

We recommend his services whole heartily to anyone who wants to catch fish.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For fishing vacationers--

Thanks for the info to pass on to future posters!

2. Re: For fishing vacationers--

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2012, 10:18