We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing boat rentals

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing boat rentals

Looking for a place to rent a small fishing boat...not pontoons. Also how is the fishing off shore in Lake Hamilton? Thank you.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing boat rentals

Maybe someone knows different but I have tried this before and I do not think there is anyone on Hamilton left who rents the kind of craft you are looking for oddly enough. There are several places you can rent a small fishing boat on Lake Ouachita - and I always had more luck fishing that lake than Hamilton. Hamilton is pretty much populated by jet skis, power boats, pontoons and other larger, faster power boats. If you need some help with Ouachita boat rentals let us know.

AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing boat rentals

Because it has been so hot, the fish in both lakes are pretty deep now. You would have to go out early a.m.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
36 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing boat rentals

The marina at Lake Ouachita State Park rents 16 ft. fishing boats. We have a reservation for Sunday - I'll repost on how it goes.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
36 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing boat rentals

Reposting after our fishing boat rental. I describe it more in my post on Lake Ouachita. The short story is it was really fun. We rented a 16 ft. flat-bottom fishing boat with a 15 HP motor. It was $70 for a full day (I think a half days was $50) and we were on the lake for 4-5 hours. We went out to Hotel Island and swam, and them came back. Gas was only $7. They also have a pontoon, canoes, kayaks, and pedal boats. The staff was really helpful as well.

I also saw a flier while at the hotel that Echo Canyon (also Lake Ouachita) just acquired several fishing boats. They were more expensive than the state park but still reasonable.

Next time, we'll probably try and rent the pontoon. It is a little easier to handle for the novice boater and has a canopy for sun protection.

5. Re: Fishing boat rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Hot Springs
Recent Conversations