We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Catherine State Park

Carencro, Louisiana
Level Contributor
341 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Catherine State Park

Do you have to be camping at Lake Catherine State Park to hike the trail to the waterfall?

Thanks in advance,

Lesley

Also, on another note, we will be there for a short weekend in July, looking for a good lunch and dinner restaurant in Hot Springs!!

Thanks again in advance,

Lesley

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Catherine State Park

You can definitely hike on any of the trails at Lake Catherine State Park if you are not paying for camping. The falls are real nice there but be warned that these and most falls in Arkansas are subject to rainfall. Summer droughts often bring falls to trickles or stop them altogether. The hikes remain fine but don’t be disappointed at the state of the falls in summer, unless of course there has been rainfall! As to Hot Springs dining…you did not give indication of your preferences for types of food and budget. Hot Springs has a diversity of restaurants and everyone has their own favorites. Here are a few which I personally like:

1217 – this is a very good lunch place – a bunch of ladies do all the cooking, make their own desserts, huge interesting salads, reasonable prices. www.cafe1217.net/

Arlington Hotel Sunday Brunch – This is an old fashioned all you can eat brunch in a big historic dining room with piano music going on, ice sculptures, carving stations, eggs benedict, custom omelet stations, even a custom donut making station. Pricey but an interesting experience. www.arlingtonhotel.com/dining.htm

Rolando’s – This is a nice downtown place in a historic building for moderate lunch or dinner. They are Equadoran, but it seems like a little different and pretty tasty version of what we know as Mex. Moderate cost. www.rolandosrestaurante.com/

Central Park Fusion – I haven’t been here in a while. It is a dinner place which can get pricey. Food is probably the most interesting in town. www.centralparkfusion.com/

Belle Arti – The reviews are hugely mixed on this place. Either they like it a lot or they don’t! I like this Italian place which still feels like Capone might come in any day! Great historic dining room and cozy bar in back where you can eat. www.belleartigroup.com/

Carencro, Louisiana
Level Contributor
341 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Catherine State Park

Thank you for your info!! Sorry I was so vague about dining!! For lunch, I would like something original to Hot Springs, the cafe sounds perfect!! For dinner, it will be our anniversary, but with limited time, I don't want to have to go back to cottage and change, would like to go in nice shorts and shirt that we have on during the day! My daughter will also be with us, she is 11, I know some places don't allow kids in some areas, don't know if that pertains to Hot Springs!! Thanks!!

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Catherine State Park

You will like 1217 for sure for lunch. Trust me there is no place in HS which won't welcome kids! Also, there are probably no places which would impose a dress code. Others will pipe in with their fav HS dining spots. Everyone has their favorites.

AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Catherine State Park

For an anniversary dinner, you might enjoy eating at Fisherman's Wharf overlooking Lake Hamilton...your shorts would be fine. They have an indoor area as well as an outdoor deck which is nice.

Carencro, Louisiana
Level Contributor
341 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Catherine State Park

Thanks, Fisherman's Wharf sounds perfect!!

Lesley

6. Re: Lake Catherine State Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Hot Springs
Recent Conversations