We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Junk stores

Which Hot Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arkansas
Level Contributor
10 posts
230 reviews
Save Topic
Junk stores

Be in Hot Springs next week and wondering where the best junk stores are for best buys on old furniture etc--not the fancy nice places but the good ole junky ones with lower prices. Any thoughts??

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Junk stores

There are a couple of decent sized flea markets (one on Higdon Ferry and then Central City Flea Market) and several used furniture stores like Joe's, Home Again, etc. We haven't been in the furniture places to comment on prices but love the junky flea markets that spring up new each time we're there - actually heading for HS tomorrow, will try to log back on and let you know if I see a good new prospect.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Junk stores

Utopia Antiques is my fav HS antiques ship. It is above the scale you are looking for but Jim will cut you a good deal if he can. He is also generous with sharing information and might give you some good leads if you tell him what you are looking for. 801 Hobson Ave Hot Springs, AR 71913

(501) 318-1192

Arkansas
Level Contributor
10 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Junk stores

Great--i hope to hear from you! I will check out those flea markets. I did visit Joes last year when were down and found prices to be extremely high. We have booths at a few places in jonesboro and his prices were about triple what i could sell things for! Thanks for the info. If you go to Joes let me know what you think about prices. Check out the Habitat store--that was my favorite last year!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
10 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Junk stores

Great--i hope to hear from you! I will check out those flea markets. I did visit Joes last year when were down and found prices to be extremely high. We have booths at a few places in jonesboro and his prices were about triple what i could sell things for! Thanks for the info. If you go to Joes let me know what you think about prices. Check out the Habitat store--that was my favorite last year!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
10 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Junk stores

I had heard of Utopia but not been there yet--i will check it out this trip--thanks for the tip!

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Junk stores

As I said Utopia will be high for resale but you never know what he can do and if the young guy Jim is running it, ask his advice for other places to visit. He is a real nice guy.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
10 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Junk stores

Thank you! I got into town today and found jackson thrift--i think was the name--not much furniture but good prices! Ill check out utopia tomorrow:)

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Junk stores

Again, Utopia is not thrift, but just an interesting antiques shop. If the young guy Jim is running it, he has always been a straight shooter with me and shared his sources and ideas for finding what I was looking for. He has made me some good deals, but never at thrify shop prices!!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
10 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Junk stores

I understand---might find something i want myself:)

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Junk stores

Just got back from our trip and I didn't find any bargains or new junk shops. The flea market on central has gotten ridiculously expensive, even junk comes at a high price in HS! Hope you had better luck.

Get answers to your questions about Hot Springs
Recent Conversations