We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel / Motel for Badgers game ??

Sydney
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel / Motel for Badgers game ??

Howdy. I know this question has been asked before on these forums, but the most recent one was a few years ago, so hopefully it's ok to raise it again.

I'm from Sydney, Australia and will be heading over to the States next week for 3 months (more pleasure than business). I've always been a big college foorball fan, and have been a big Badgers and Packers fan since I had the pleasure of working with some great Wisconsin people in 2002 (actually interned for Congresswoman Baldwin in DC).

Finally I get the chance to head to Camp Randall and I can't wait, but I don't really have any good bearings on where I should be looking to stay. From my limited research it looks like the area around State Street ??

Ideally I'd like to be close to the action to make sure I get to experience the much talked about gameday atmosphere, but paying $500 a night at the DoubleTree is not really feasable !!

Any thoughts would be great and GO BADGERS !!!

p.s. Will also be watching the Badgers in their season opener in Las Vegas. Should be a big weekend as I've heard lots of UW students / supporters make the trip down for that one !!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,552 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel / Motel for Badgers game ??

The BW InnTowner is probably the closest.

But, hotels are hard to come by and expensive on a Badger football weekend.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,622 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel / Motel for Badgers game ??

HI Tim. I ran into you on the Vegas board. Hope you got all your questions answered there.

The bus system is Madison is not too bad. So, if you can't afford or can't find a hotel near campus you can stay further out and get to the game by bus. There are lots of hotels near East Towne or West Towne malls.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel / Motel for Badgers game ??

Yes, hotels downtown on football weekends can be expensive and get sold out quickly, but check and see what you can find. In addition to the Doubletree, try the Concourse, The Inn on the Park, The Hilton, Dahlman's Campus Inn are all downtown. Further out is the Clarion and Sheraton on Rimrock and the Inntowner a bit further out on University Avenue. But you may be find yourself out in the outskirts as a lot of the hotels look to be sold out already for foorball weekends. Ask if the hotel has a bus to the game. That might make a hotel further out more workable, or if you find a room downtown, you may want to grab it.

Pam

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel / Motel for Badgers game ??

Here are a couple of additional resources.

visitmadison.com/visitors/…

http://conferencing.uwex.edu/lodging.cfm

You might also want to see if your contacts with Tammy Baldwin can help you. They might have some connections that would help you find a bed.

Pam

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
942 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel / Motel for Badgers game ??

Another possibility is the hostel. It is one of the few places downtown that is NOT always busy or expensive during football weekends. OR if you are really desperate, the short-course dorms usually have an opening, at least until November.

www.madisonhostel.org/reservations.shtml

…wisc.edu/students/…shortterm

Or as others have said, go to kayak.com and check for the weekend when you will be here. It is our wotif.com and you can find something on the bus line or with a shuttle that can take you to the stadium. There are also many bars in town that send shuttles to the game and back.

Let us know how things are going, and we can make more suggestions, if needed.

6. Re: Hotel / Motel for Badgers game ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2011, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Madison
Recent Conversations