We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manna Cafe and Bakery gets a recommendation from TA??

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,328 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Manna Cafe and Bakery gets a recommendation from TA??

In my weekly TA Member Update, they list top restaurants for breakfast. Manna's was listed, so I figured, next time I'm in Madison I should check it out. Well, there are only 7 reviews, 2 excellent 4 very good etc and it's listed as 121 of 436 restaurants. Anyone know, first of all, how does TA choose these places. Second, any insight on the place?

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
949 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manna Cafe and Bakery gets a recommendation from TA??

I have no idea how TA chooses these places, I've always thought that they were just ranked based on the number of reviews and how high the rankings are.

Manna is a wonderful place for breakfast or lunch. I have not rated it myself, because it is often very crowded on the weekends. That's when most people are looking for restaurants.

The couple that own it used to own a terrific B&B downtown that we all loved. Their attention to detail has moved out to their restaurant, and the food is well prepared from scratch using local ingredients. The bakery alone and the coffee that is properly prepared and not bitter make me stop in and grab and go if the restaurant is too busy.

Also, I'm a little selfish. I don't share ALL of the great places with you, since I want to be able to get in the door myself sometimes!

If you don't need to eat in a hurry or at a specific time, Manna is great, and I hope that you will try it out! There's a fireplace in the back room, too, so in the winter, it is even better. Go see for yourself, Frozen Tundra Gal, you will come away full and impressed!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,328 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manna Cafe and Bakery gets a recommendation from TA??

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll put it on my list of places to stop at. Maybe you'll have to write a review.

Madison,WI
Level Contributor
114 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manna Cafe and Bakery gets a recommendation from TA??

I was just there yesterday and the ham and swiss croissant is delicious! (Not a sandwich, it's just baked in) Great gathering spot but can get busy.

4. Re: Manna Cafe and Bakery gets a recommendation from TA??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Madison
Recent Conversations