We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near the University of Wisconsin -Madison

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotels near the University of Wisconsin -Madison

My 16 year old son will be participating in a soccer camp at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. We need a tip of a good/safe hotel near the University where he will need to stay for one night before camp starts. For the duration of the camp he will be staying at one of the student residences.

Suggestions?

Thank you

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near the University of Wisconsin -Madison

Check the replies for the question about hotels near the capitol. They are quite close.

The Double Tree is a hotel that could be added to the list.

Pam

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
116 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near the University of Wisconsin -Madison

A couple of quick thoughts about a hotel room for a 16-year-old attending a soccer camp. The info provided by Pam is correct but the sports camps tend to be organized near the Camp Randall Stadium which is not that close to any of the hotels (Doubletree, Concourse, Best Western, etc.). They are all from 0.4 to 1.0 miles from where the students meet. If this is not problem and he navigates new places well, fine.

There is one more option - the new Union South will open in one week and it has a 60 room hotel. This will be much closer to where your son needs to be (see http://www.union.wisc.edu/wuhotel.htm for details and reservations) .

Let me point out a potential problem - many hotels here require that guests be at least 18 years old to register. Perhaps you can get around this with a phone call to a sympathetic manager. I would certainly check before your son arrives - it would be unfortunate to have him arrive and find that he could not actually register for a reserved room.

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near the University of Wisconsin -Madison

I called the new Union South and the moment I said wanted to pay with my mastercard at the time of booking, they asked me for my son's age. You are absolutely right, he is not allowed to stay there unless he is 18 years old.

I notified the soccer coaches of this problem. They are trying to make arrangements with the student residence, where the kids will be staying during camp, to see if they can also stay there the night before.

Thanks for your suggestions.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near the University of Wisconsin -Madison

He was just staying for one night, right? I thought housing was supplied for the actual camp, which is why i didn't worry about it being near the athletic centers.

I think though that you're right to try and find something through the camp as I hadn't thought about the age issue.

Pam

5. Re: Hotels near the University of Wisconsin -Madison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Madison
Recent Conversations