We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bicycling in Madison

Which Madison hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
bicycling in Madison

I was thinking of renting a bike this weekend. We are staying at Union South Hotel and will only be hanging out on campus and towards the capital. 50 year old and pretty fit, but not regular biker. probably only bike on Friday because Saturday is big game day and I expect too busy to bike around. want to see the campus and maybe bike along lake or parks. Good idea or bad idea?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bicycling in Madison

Sounds like a good idea to me. ; ) I brought my bike with me from Madison when I moved to NYC, but I've not worked up the nerve to bike here! In Madison, you have real bike lanes and there are some great bike trails as well. When I rented a bike when I first moved to Madison many years ago I rented from Budget Bicycle on Regent. But you might want to check out Yelp as they have some reviews.

Pam

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
925 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bicycling in Madison

This web page has links to maps, suggested destinations, etc.

www.cityofmadison.com/bikeMadison/plantrip/

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
937 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bicycling in Madison

There is a new city program where you can rent bikes that Trek donated to the city. There are stations set up in various locations and you just use a debit/credit card to "check" it out and then return it to another station. Here's more info http://madison.bcycle.com/

4. Re: bicycling in Madison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 23:18