We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

central WI place to meet and dine?

Chicago
Level Contributor
281 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
central WI place to meet and dine?

I need a place to meet my parents, who will be driving down from the Minneapolis area and want to meet us "no farther south than Madison," stay at a motel and take us out to celebrate my bday (30. Yeah, that's right... "30"). We'd like to drive no further north than Tomah, preferably more south. They want to splurge on a nice restaurant, but I don't want to stick them with something as pricey as L'Etoile in Madison. The thing is, I don't know anything upscale along I-90/94 between Madison and Tomah. Lots of great fish fry's and burger joints, but nothing more upscale. Any advice? We want to avoid the Dells. My favorite little mom and pop motel in Baraboo is booked (and no restaurant there that I know of). Hmmm. Maybe further east? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I should add that Dad is 80+ and has some trouble walking, so anything that requires a trek to get to won't work for us.

Edited: 28 June 2012, 20:15
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
121 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: central WI place to meet and dine?

Vin Santo, in Middleton has excellent food, it is largely an Italian menu (a couple of blocks from Univ Ave and Parmenter)

And there are a ton of hotels just a few blocks away on the West Beltline

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,336 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: central WI place to meet and dine?

Just ate there a few weeks ago, excellent! Easy on street parking, nice area.

13. Re: central WI place to meet and dine?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 04:17