We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In town for Michael Buble...need fun restaurant suggestion!

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
In town for Michael Buble...need fun restaurant suggestion!

We are coming in from Milwaukee on Thurs (tomorrow) for Michael Buble at the Coliseum and are unfamiliar with Madison restaurants. Does any one have any suggestions for a restauarant to make our date complete? We'd like to have a cocktail or two, some place with energy and people or just something very cool and unique. Thanks for any information!

Merrydelle

Madison,WI
Level Contributor
529 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In town for Michael Buble...need fun restaurant suggestion!

This is probably too late, unless you're still at work and watching this site but...

Just go down to State St. You're within walking distance of the Kohl Center if that's where you're going. Don't worry about finding a place to eat, you'll see plenty. Have a good time on a nice summer evening. Park in one of the ramps and just start walking.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In town for Michael Buble...need fun restaurant suggestion!

Thanks, and no its not too late, thank you for your suggestion. Is the Coliseum at Alliant Energy Center the same as the Kohl Center?

Janesville...
Level Contributor
465 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In town for Michael Buble...need fun restaurant suggestion!

No, they are two completely separate places. The Kohl center is near the center of town near the UW campus and the Alliant Energy Center/Colliseum is just off the beltline on the south side of town. (I cannot recall the name of the street you would get off at but I do recall that it is pretty clearly marked on the beltline).

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
954 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In town for Michael Buble...need fun restaurant suggestion!

So how was the concert and where did you end up for dinner?

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In town for Michael Buble...need fun restaurant suggestion!

Ran late (!) and barely made it to the concert, which was really good. Of the restaurants I had looked into the only one that was open afterward was the Great Dane. It was a great burger, just what I expected, and I believe it was one of your suggestions. If we could have made it in time, I had my restaurant selections narrowed down to Smokys or Jolly Bobs, depending on our mood. Now we'll have to come back to Madison! Thanks for your input!

6. Re: In town for Michael Buble...need fun restaurant suggestion!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Madison
Recent Conversations