We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ethnic stores?

Which Madison hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
ethnic stores?

any Polish deli stores in Madison?

thank you....

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
116 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ethnic stores?

Nope. A small Polish deli opened in Madison on Monroe St. a few years ago but closed within 18 months. We do have a couple of what I will call "New York style" delis (Stalzy's) that have a few features of a real deli, but they are really very limited. If you want a real Polish deli, better head to Chicago (or maybe Milwaukee). Chicago for sure.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
67 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ethnic stores?

To be honest, Madison is kind of weak when it comes to delis.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ethnic stores?

Sadly, I would agree. Having now moved to NYC I know that there is a dearth of real deli's in Madison. I used to go to the Delitalia on University before it closed. http://www.delitalia.net It's still not a real deli.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ethnic stores?

what can i say... finally a week without polish food...hurray...!

no, but seriously, i'm going to bring some real, smoked polish sausage with a healthy dose of garlic with us on this vacation... so anytime next week you smell something delicious... that would be us passing thru madison on our way to wisconsin dells....

good night, guys and gals, thank you for your insights... :))

5. Re: ethnic stores?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 06:19