We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant near Overture Center?

Which Madison hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
200 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant near Overture Center?

We are attending a matinee performance at the Overture Center and want to have dinner afterwards. Can anyone suggest a restaurant for us? Prefer American cuisine. Thanks

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
450 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant near Overture Center?

Fresco is in the same building. I've only eaten there once but really enjoyed my meal and want to return.

Also within a few blocks are Harvest and the Old Fashioned- two very different restaurants with different price ranges but I enjoy them both for different reasons.

Edited: 14 December 2013, 02:02
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
450 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant near Overture Center?

Also within a few blocks is Graze. More inexpensive than its sister restaurant L'Etoile.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
200 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant near Overture Center?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll post a review of our choice.

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
116 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant near Overture Center?

Nothin' wrong with The Old Fashioned, Fresco, or several other restaurants within 500 meters of the Overture Center - and I've eaten in all of them at one time or another. But not all of the restaurants located nearby open before 5 pm, e.g. Fresco, L'Etoile, The Tornado Room, and others. If your matinee puts you out on the street early, you may want to consider a few other choices. If you seek "American food" (whatever that is), you might also include The Cooper's Tavern (more of a restaurant than a tavern), or even the Dayton Street Grille inside the Concourse Hotel (overlooked but very good). Those last two are considerably closer to the Overture Center than Graze or The Old Fashioned (worth something on a cold windy day) and have excellent reputations.

I would encourage you to check TA's "restaurant" link on the Madison, WI page, then go to the map view feature and locate these places - finally, open their website page and check their opening times and their menu (and prices). Some are pricier than others. Finally, if you settle on one of the 'better' restaurants such as Fresco, you should make a reservation if you have a good idea as to the ending time for the matinee - you will not be the only group thinking about a nearby restaurant.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant near Overture Center?

Also, you should check with the Isthmus's Daily Page for comments as well. Check out the Eats Section. http://www.thedailypage.com

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
200 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant near Overture Center?

We had a great time at the Nutcracker, which was a very good performance. Dinner followed at Coopers Tavern and it was excellent. The food was memorable and the beer selection too. We had excellent service and found the prices to be very reasonable.

Thanks for the suggestion

7. Re: restaurant near Overture Center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 13:27
8. Re: restaurant near Overture Center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 06:18