We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B Location question: Best location to stay around FQ?

OK
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
B&B Location question: Best location to stay around FQ?

Hi! I'm a newbie here. We are finally going to make it to Jazz Fest for the second weekend and we are on a budget. I have found three B&Bs near the FQ and was hoping to get some insight on the locations.

1. 1118 Ursulines street (New Orleans Guest House)

2. 928 Kerlerec Street (Kerlerec House)

3. 514 Dumaine St -(Just behind Jackson Sq) don't believe this has a name- found it on vrbo.

Any input you have is appreciated! We don't mind walking but would like to stay in the safest area for that.

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B Location question: Best location to stay around FQ?

514 Dumaine may be an illegal rental. Most legal establishments don't advertise on vrbo in New Orleans. Our city has a law prohibiting rentals from under 60 days in the French Qtr (30 days elsewhere).

1118 Ursulines is in the Treme, across Rampart. Personally, I wouldn't cross Rampart but that's just my preference.

Not familiar with the Kerlerec address although the Marigny Triangle has a lot of good B&Bs.

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B Location question: Best location to stay around FQ?

Trip Advisor carries a list of B&B's with traveler reviews, most with inn provided and guest provided photos. Also the NO B&B ownes association have a web site www.bbnola.com also check www.historiclodging.com for registered and inspected B&B's. Most sites offer mapping or you can always goggle a map.

We are staying at the La Maison Marigny in late May, haven't been to it before but fabulous recommendations, great location and the owner John has been quite responsive with emails.

Pricing is also available on Trip Advisor, although I like to go directly to the inn or hotel sites I am interested in and check their pricing. If you do book a B&B listed on the bbnola site be sure you mention you saw them listed on the bbnola site for a special discount. Have a great time at Jazz Fest.

OK
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B Location question: Best location to stay around FQ?

Thanks for the feedback! Many of the B&Bs we looked at require a 4 night minimum and are a little out of our budget so I had it narrowed down to these. Other option include the AmeriHost (not high on my list) or the Embassy Suites (far from FQ). I may keep looking for other options.

4. Re: B&B Location question: Best location to stay around FQ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2007, 23:24
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,576 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B Location question: Best location to stay around FQ?

Check out the Hotel Villa Convento (guesthouse) on Ursulines street. Their website is villaconvento.com, We have stayed there several times and enjoyed it very much.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,576 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B Location question: Best location to stay around FQ?

pokes05, you mentioned that you are considering Embassy Suites but it is far from the French Quarter. While it is not in the French Quarter, I wouldn't say that it is far. It is an easy daytime walk, probably no more than 10 minutes, to the Quarter. If you felt unsafe walking at night, you could take a cab back, or the riverfront street car would drop you off fairly close to the hotel. I have not stayed there but it looks like a very nice place.

Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: B&B Location question: Best location to stay around FQ?

Click my name and read of some of the places I've mentioned. The Lamothe House usually has good rates, an average place.

8. Re: B&B Location question: Best location to stay around FQ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 15:15