We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fritze's Jazz Pub

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Fritze's Jazz Pub

A friend has suggested Fritze's as a venue for well performed jazz, i.e. not just a drinking establishment. Any comments on Fritze's, understand it is a small club. We plan to visit Palm Court, Snug Harbor , the Spotted Cat and the Preservation Hall. For letting our hair down we plan to go to Rock "N" Bowl. We will be in NO for nine days leaving on June 1. Would also be interested in a venue that features authentic delta or Chicago style blues, not a "rock" act . Like many I appreciate the time many take to respond with their experiance and recommendations.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,628 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fritze's Jazz Pub

Fritzels on the 700 block of Bourbon is a good jazz club...Donna's is also, right next to Frizels is Al Carson's Funky Pirate with the Blues Masters ...several Blues clubs on Bourbon but don't know that you'll be able to find 'delta' blues

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fritze's Jazz Pub

Thank you cajunyank, I'll look on the web and see if I can locate a site for Al Carson's Funky Pirate or the Blues Masters .

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fritze's Jazz Pub

Check out offbeat.com for music listings.

tropicalisle.com for Big Al and the Bluesmasters. Apple Barrel on Frenchmen St often has blues as does Margaritaville on Decatur. Legends Park at 301 Bourbon has free outdoor groups, most recently Steamboat Willie/ Dixieland Stompers. Donnas noted for its Brass Bands..Fritzels for traditional jazz.

You''ll have a great time!

4. Re: Fritze's Jazz Pub

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 22:19