We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which swamp tour?

Westchester, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Which swamp tour?

So many swamp tour locations and operators. Does anyone have any recommendations to which is best? Looking for wildlife, narural beauty and a "less touristy" vibe.

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Thibodaux, Louisiana
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which swamp tour?

Kramer La, has some of the best bayous and swamp in the area , tons of wildlife to be seen 2 tours available. About a 45 min. ride from New Orleans.

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,447 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which swamp tour?

Cajun Encounters and Honey Island swamp tours are 2 companies that are quite popular with good reviews of both, and pick up at hotels if you do not have transportation.

Mentioned in this post
Cajun Encounters
Cajun Encounters
3,427 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which swamp tour?

We have booked with Beyond the Bayou, who operate from Pearl River. Not been on the trip yet so can't speak from first-hand experience, but I went with them because they use small boats (max 6 people), don't feel the wildlife and seem to be quite passionate about conservation.

I think they're fairly new but all the reviews I've read so far have been positive, and definitely speak of the vibe of the trip being really good, and not touristy :)

Mentioned in this post
Beyond the Bayou
Beyond the Bayou
80 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,732 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which swamp tour?

We always like Dr Wagner's swamp tour on the West Pearl.

Reply to: Which swamp tour?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted