We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghost and Haunted Tours

1 post
Save Topic
Ghost and Haunted Tours

We're heading to NO in Oct and one of things we want to do is take in a Ghost/Haunted Tour. There's so many out there and the reviews are all over the map, so not sure what's really a good one.

We don't mind walking at all, but the idea of spending 2 hours on a tour where you only see 4 places and the rest spent drinking in a bar, just doesn't appeal to us.

Any ideas/recommendations?

Special Offer
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
1,042 Reviews
from US$44.50*
US$48.00
Experience Cajun Country: Swamp Boat...
769 Reviews
from US$176.00*
Special Offer
Steamboat Natchez Harbor Cruise
721 Reviews
from US$31.50*
US$34.00
7 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,504 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ghost and Haunted Tours

We have done many haunted tours and have never spent time drinking in a bar on a tour. They all stop somewhere along the way for a bathroom/drink break, but people get the drinks to go, which of course, is legal in New Orleans. We have done both Haunted History tours and French Quarter Phantom tours and have been happy with both of them. All of the haunted tours will be very similar, usually with fairly large groups.

The tours usually meet at a bar as the starting place of the tour, maybe that is what you are thinking of?

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,732 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ghost and Haunted Tours

Try Phantom tours but also check out some books by Victor Klein or Larry Montz.

Level Contributor
3,236 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ghost and Haunted Tours

Free tours on foot does not meet at a bar & no bathroom breaks or drink breaks either on the ghost tour we took. We also really enjoyed their Voodoo tour. I highly recommend them.

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ghost and Haunted Tours

Lord Chaz is the original, doing it 26 years. Most are pretty much the same, but he's a 7-foot tall vampire in top hat and duster coat who can stop his pulse or blinking on command. He also did the original research and writing on most of the stories others tell.

Don't take my word for it, he's a friend of mine. Read the reviews, see what folks are sa in the comments. No tour is more Halloween than Lord Chaz, while still giving you the history.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,504 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ghost and Haunted Tours

I have always wanted to do a Lord Chaz tour because he looks so awesome in his attire. Just never got around to it and now I have done more than enough haunted tours and don't feel the need to do any more.

new orleans, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ghost and Haunted Tours

Chaz!!!! Man i used to hoist a few with him at the crystal and kagans (early 90s)! Aint derez no mo'..

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
732 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ghost and Haunted Tours

Agree that Lord Chaz gives a great tour. I took his tour years ago and it was much better than Haunted History.

www.lordchaz.com/tours/ghost-vampire-tour

Reply to: Ghost and Haunted Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted