We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It would be nice to be able to "like" a post.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
77 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
It would be nice to be able to "like" a post.

I always wonder how many people actually read the answers to postings. I bet it's a lot.

Just a thought.

7 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,194 posts
1,742 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It would be nice to be able to "like" a post.

There is a forum for such suggestions, HUMTAB (Help Us Make TripAdvisor Better), but the Like suggestion has been made many times, and usually with interesting discussion.

Same for Thumbs UP/DOWN, for both replies in forums, and for reviews.

Good luck,

Hunt

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,593 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: It would be nice to be able to "like" a post.

eric502, there's also just as many, if not more, who never read any of the answers/posts before making their own "helpful" post. LOL

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
77 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It would be nice to be able to "like" a post.

I don't think they have changed this site for at least ten years. I always use TripAdvisor for information when I travel.

Feedback, I like feedback, hahaha

This is my just for fun post.

los angeles
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It would be nice to be able to "like" a post.

Etude, I am guilty of that because I answer too fast without reading all the other answers. I am trying to slow down.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,758 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: It would be nice to be able to "like" a post.

I also wish there was a like button.

Eric502, they did make one change but it might have been over ten years. It was a horrible formatting change and so complicated that many were threatening to quit posting. Thank goodness they listened to the complaints and I don't think that format lasted more than 24 hours before being reverted back to what it had been. I have always wondered who came up with such a ridiculous idea.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
77 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: It would be nice to be able to "like" a post.

Yeah, no thumbs down button, nothing negative. Just a "like" button. A recognition for the hard work people put into helping travelers.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
577 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: It would be nice to be able to "like" a post.

As a “lurker” on this forum (planning my first visit in Feb, 2018), I love reading all the replies and agree a TY or Like or Helpful, as we can do on Reviews, would be great!

Reply to: It would be nice to be able to "like" a post.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted