We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Whitney or The French Market Inn

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
The Whitney or The French Market Inn

I am looking at these two hotels for 5 days in NOLA.

Does anyone have recommendations or tips on either one?

I do know The Whitney is not in the French Quarter, will that be an issue at night?

11 replies to this topic
Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: The Whitney or The French Market Inn

I stayed at the French Market Inn for 4 nights in September. Really good Hotel in a great location and I had no complaints.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
13,247 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: The Whitney or The French Market Inn

Most would find the French Market Inn location to be much more convenient. However, The Whitney location is not particularly unsafe.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
77 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: The Whitney or The French Market Inn

I've stayed at the French Market Inn three times. It's close to Jackson Square, also very close to the Mississippi River.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,624 posts
655 reviews
4. Re: The Whitney or The French Market Inn

French Market Inn for location.

California
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
5. Re: The Whitney or The French Market Inn

I haven't been to NOLA before, but I know that the FMI is right in the middle of the French Quarter. That's where my wife and I are staying in March.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,825 posts
147 reviews
6. Re: The Whitney or The French Market Inn

You really can't beat the location of French Market Inn. If you choose to stay there, reserve your room through their own website, valentinohotels.com, not a third party site. Sometimes the rates for Valentino hotels run $30 or more per night higher than reserving through their own website.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
248 posts
67 reviews
7. Re: The Whitney or The French Market Inn

Have to say I did not have good experience at fmi. Shower was filthy and two roaches I killed crawling from under bed. The location great and price was awesome. The roaches not so much

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
83 posts
112 reviews
8. Re: The Whitney or The French Market Inn

I would do French Market Inn. The Whitney is a bit far, I would Uber if anything. Pluse FMI has charm. Yes, it's an older hotel, but it's historic, classic

Level Contributor
3,505 posts
40 reviews
9. Re: The Whitney or The French Market Inn

We enjoyed the FMI last March. If you are a light sleeper ask for interior courtyard rooms. The balconies on the street look out over a very busy street & farther down train tracks & then the mighty Mississippi. I felt like planes, trains & automobiles from all the noise. Enjoy!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,755 posts
123 reviews
10. Re: The Whitney or The French Market Inn

FMI.......location and charm

Reply to: The Whitney or The French Market Inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted