We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saints game ailgating, Superdome Clubs and Amenities?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Saints game ailgating, Superdome Clubs and Amenities?

Hello All.... hoping some of you Saints fans can help me out! We just picked up our tickets to the Jets/Saints game in December and have a few questions about the pregame and Venue.... We are staying about a 15 min walk away so we should be able to be at the Dome pretty early if need be.

What time should we get to Championship Square to tailgate? I was thinking 10, spend an hour doing that then heading into the dome around 11 to get the lay of the land before kickoff. Does that seem reasonable or should we spend a little more time outside before heading in? I’m used to parking lot tailgating at the Meadowlands so I don’t have much experience with a venue “hosted” type of tailgate. What should we expect at the Square? Also are there other good “local” options to pregame besides the Square we may enjoy?

Next question: Our seats are in Loge Corner 212. What type of Club / Lounge Access might we have with those seats? I am sure my wife will need a “break” from my yelling and screaming and would like a place to relax “alone” once or twice during the game. From what I can gather there are a few spots we’ll have access to. Is there one that she may like better then others? She’s fine as long as she has a comfy seat and a beer in her hand so it doesn’t have to be an outlandish fu-fu type of place. The less crowded the better. Neither of us are big fans of the packed bars that are impossible to grab a quick drink in.

And finally, what should we look to check out once inside? I’m guessing there must be a Saints Hall of Fame or something along those lines. Would it be worth a visit? Anything else we should know about?

Thanks!

-Sean

4 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,819 posts
147 reviews
1. Re: Saints game ailgating, Superdome Clubs and Amenities?

I have been to Champion Square once, and it was packed solid. We just went on inside, I cant handle crowds of that size and being pushed so close together, and I do get a bit panicky. Others may love the experience, there was music, food, big screens, etc.

The Saints Hall of Fame (per their website) is open for 2 hours prior to the game on game days, and for 45 minutes after the game. I would feel rushed with only 45 minutes so I would probably choose to spend a bit of time at Champion Square first and then head over to the Saints Hall of Fame before going to my seat. The Hall of Fame is free.

I am not aware of any lounges/clubs for your wife, but I have only been to the Dome twice so not all that familiar with it. Hopefully someone will be able to give you some advice about that.

Geaux Saints!!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,607 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Saints game ailgating, Superdome Clubs and Amenities?

I think I had the same experience at Champions Square. Not one I'd want to repeat. It was a Monday Night game, so maybe some of the crowd was a bit more "festive " than usual. But it was a mob scene, with no chance of getting anywhere close to a food or drink stand. We had to hold hands and shoulders to get maybe 30 feet to the stadium steps, and that took a few minutes.

Security,rest rooms ,food and drink lines and finding your seat can also take awhile. I'd definitely be in line no later than 11.

Anguilla...
Level Contributor
361 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Saints game ailgating, Superdome Clubs and Amenities?

I recommend you check out the forums at the Saints Report. It's the biggest Saints fan website out there. Very active forums and friendly to fans from other teams (even Falcons fans). The TA forums are great for most things, but you'll get better information here.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/

New Orleans...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
569 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Saints game ailgating, Superdome Clubs and Amenities?

There are four very spacious and comfortable Club Lounges on the 200-300 level that you will have access to, and the closest has an entrance adjacent to your section.

mbsuperdome.com/assets/doc/Superdome-200-Lev…

I have never been to the Champions Square before a game. A friend who went last Sunday said that one of the main attractions -- the array of local food trucks -- was not there any more. Just basic food and drink options. You might enjoy one of the area restaurants or sports bars more for a pre-game brunch.

Reply to: Saints game ailgating, Superdome Clubs and Amenities?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted