We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice hotel near Convention Center (4 or 5 star only)

Boston
Level Contributor
213 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Nice hotel near Convention Center (4 or 5 star only)

Hello,

I am in search of a very nice hotel near the convention center (has to be 4 star or 5 star - picky client) and could use some recommendations. Ideally, it would be no more than a few blocks from the convention center as this person's schedule is incredibly packed and will need to go back and forth between the center and the hotel frequently. The Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn Express, and others in that category will not be "nice" enough for this individual. As well, they require a nice pool area, restaurants, etc., and would like to be no more than a few minutes from the "action" (I assume Bourbon Street area, but admit I've never been to New Orleans). Price is not a big deal.

Can anyone advise?

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Bourbon Street
Bourbon Street
5,726 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
Grenoble House
Grenoble House
#4 of 169 hotels in New Orleans
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans
#3 of 169 hotels in New Orleans
Henry Howard Hotel
Henry Howard Hotel
#1 of 169 hotels in New Orleans
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice hotel near Convention Center (4 or 5 star only)

The convention center is very long. If your client stays at the Windsor Court (arguably the nicest hotel in town), he'll be near Hall A. Not near Hall J, however.

Is it possible to find out WHERE in the convention center the meetings will be held?

If not, the Windsor Court, Loews New Orleans or maybe the Renaissance Arts would be my choices. Everything else near the convention center is of 3 star caliber, including the "4 star wannabe" W Hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Windsor Court Hotel
Windsor Court Hotel
1,794 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Loews New Orleans Hotel
Loews New Orleans Hotel
2,863 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Boston
Level Contributor
213 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice hotel near Convention Center (4 or 5 star only)

Hello,

Thank you for your reply! The convention is in Exhibit Hall J. The folks hosting the convention recommended the Hilton Riverside, but I've heard some mixed reviews. By the Renessaine, is that the same as the Marriott Renaissance?

Mentioned in this post
Hilton New Orleans Riverside
Hilton New Orleans...
6,138 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice hotel near Convention Center (4 or 5 star only)

Yes, Renaissance is a Marriott brand. You want the Renaissance Arts Hotel, not the Renaissance Pere Marquette.

The Windsor Court is too far from Hall J. I can't think of any nice hotels (4 star+) closer than the Renaissance.

Mentioned in this post
Windsor Court Hotel
Windsor Court Hotel
1,794 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Boston
Level Contributor
213 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice hotel near Convention Center (4 or 5 star only)

Thanks!

Boston
Level Contributor
213 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice hotel near Convention Center (4 or 5 star only)

By the way, Cajun Wave, what do you think of the Hilton Riverside Hotel by comparison to the Renaissance Arts? The Hilton Riverside is the one recommended by the conference.

Mentioned in this post
Hilton New Orleans Riverside
Hilton New Orleans...
6,138 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice hotel near Convention Center (4 or 5 star only)

IMHO, the Hilton is a large scale convention hotel. I have walked through there and felt that I could easily get lost if it weren't for signage directing the way. I'm a bit surprised the conference would choose the hotel as its not that close to the convention center. It also might not meet your requirements for 4 or 5 stars.

Boston
Level Contributor
213 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice hotel near Convention Center (4 or 5 star only)

Thank you for your reply. I am perfectly willing to stay elsewhere. Do you have any suggestions? The conference is at the conference center, hall J. I've never been to NO so I have no idea!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice hotel near Convention Center (4 or 5 star only)

The Hilton is a huge barn of a hotel. Maybe 1,600 rooms or so. I avoid hotels that large at all costs!

Boston
Level Contributor
213 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice hotel near Convention Center (4 or 5 star only)

Again, thank you. Perhaps I will shoot for this Renassaince one instead, based on your posts. Any other recommendations that are within walking distance of Hall J?