We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swamp Tours

MS
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Swamp Tours

Which Swamp Tours are the best?

USA
Level Contributor
135 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swamp Tours

I believe we took Cajun Swamp Tours. They were reasonably priced and picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel. There is a swamp tour directory at the website NewOrleansOnLine.com. They also have a Good Times Guide Coupon book you can request or download. Look to the top right of the screen.

Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Swamp Tours

There are several available, but which ones are best and why? Gatorgirl, did you take one of them yet? How was it? If anyone has an answer tonight, it would help me a lot. If not tonight, your answer may help others later. (A friend of mine recently took the Grayline tour and said it was excellent).

Edmonton, Ab
Level Contributor
41 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swamp Tours

We were in New Orleans in March and also took Cajun Pride Tours to the swamp. They picked us up at our hotel (the van ride was a bit scary). What is nice about this tour is that since they have their own swamp, they are the only ones on the water. We saw a handful of gators - they were still hibernating - but the ones we saw came to the boat for some chicken.

The guide was very knowledgable and would highly recommend this tour to anyone.

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
Cajun Pride Tours
Cajun Pride Tours
303 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
St. Helena...
Level Contributor
997 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swamp Tours

We went to Zam's Swamp Tours - that's where Trading Spouses or something similar to that name was filmed. We had a car though and didn't want to go on a group tour. The tour was fun, very down-to-earth friendly people. You can easily rent a car for a day and do your own thing if you prefer. Personally, I don't like being on a group tour. We did the same thing the next day with plantation visits. Have fun.