We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Jazz Brunch--Help me Choose!!!!

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Sunday Jazz Brunch--Help me Choose!!!!

Greetings everyone!! Still deep in planning our first trip 6-11th of Oct to NOLA since K!! And that brings me to this posting--Making a decision re:Sunday Brunch! Being my birthday-it's my plan to be very indulgent the entire day--starting with Brunch! On past trips we have done Commanders-and decided we should try new places(to us) this time around. I have come up with 3 and very open to other suggestions--in no special order(1) Muriel's (2)Cafe Marigny

(3)Palace Cafe . I posted on Chowhound and someone suggested Arnaud's Jazz Bistro, we were considering them for a Monday or Tuesday dinner since the choices narrow on those days.

Also-better half would so prefer not to pack a jacket-but we can still do upscale casual quite well. Thanks in advance for responses---looking forward to your input!!!

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch--Help me Choose!!!!

We had brunch at palace Cafe a few years ago and it was nice, though not spectacular. I personally like Court of Two Sisters for their brunch. Food is very good and the fountain courtyard is a beaustiful setting. You won't need a jacket.

New Orleans
Level Contributor
43 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch--Help me Choose!!!!

I would vote for Muriel's for brunch. I've been post-Katrina, and the food was very good. The restaurant itself is beautiful, and ask to be allowed to explore the rooms upstairs - you will feel that you are back in time, in some swanky brothel (think "Pretty Baby"). Plus, you will be in the middle of the French Quarter, thus it will be easy to walk around and enhoy the rest of your day (the weather should be perfect).

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,635 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch--Help me Choose!!!!

Definitely Muriel's as the Court of Two Sisters is very 'average' food set in a nice courtyard jazz atmosphere but to get much more superior food I'd choose Muriel's Jazz Brunch.

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,051 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch--Help me Choose!!!!

If I you would choose between the two, Commanders or Muriels?

Thanks,

barb

5. Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch--Help me Choose!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 00:19