We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emergency!! Have to book by tomorrow!!! Where?

Woodstock, Illinois
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Emergency!! Have to book by tomorrow!!! Where?

I have to book by tomorrow and not sure where to stay. I do have things narrowed down based on tons of research. Can anyone help me?

Want a nice, clean hotel to celebrate our 10 yr. Anniversary. Leaving for NOLA this Thursday. (I know...last minute.)

Here is the choices I have:

Bienville House

Monteleone (this may be out of me price range)

Hotel Provincial

Le Richelieu

Place d'Armes (this is my 1st choice but I think they only have interior rooms available and I really would like a balcony or at least a window.)

Can you give me any input? I want to be in a good location too. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!

Chicago
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Emergency!! Have to book by tomorrow!!! Where?

They are all nice. If you want more options, and to see prices and to book, since you are already on Trip Advisor, click on hotels, or B&B's, and browse the places and prices.

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emergency!! Have to book by tomorrow!!! Where?

If I were limited to that list I'd pick Monteleone. Otherwise, Windsor Court or Ritz-Carlton. Both have been recently reviewed here. Have fun and thanks for coming to New Orleans!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,464 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emergency!! Have to book by tomorrow!!! Where?

If Monteleone is out of the posters price range, then Windsor Court is probably out of the question. I think that any of the poster's choices would be fine. I haven't stayed at Bienville house or Monteleone. The Monteleone gets great reviews but I have heard that some of the rooms are small. I am not particularly crazy about the location of Bienville House. I have stayed at both LeRichelieu and Hotel Provincial and they are both good. If you are driving, LeRichelieu has free parking, Have you checked Royal Sonesta? It is a beautiful hotel.

Hello to a fellow Illinoisian, and happy anniversary...have a great trip to New Orleans wherever you decide to stay!!

Woodstock, Illinois
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Emergency!! Have to book by tomorrow!!! Where?

Thank you to all for your input, I booked the St. Marie. I got a great rate and the last balcony room. People say the location is great and it is very highly rated on TA. I will let you know how it goes. Now we just need some nice weather.

Thanks again.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,628 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emergency!! Have to book by tomorrow!!! Where?

You'll really enjoy the St. Marie as its quaint old time European/French and has a nice bistro for breakfast and a small but nice lounge. Withing the same building is Hillery's Restaurant which has a great spinach salad and twice baked pork chops. Its just 1/2 block north of Bourbon Street-a great location. And they have a very helpful staff.

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emergency!! Have to book by tomorrow!!! Where?

So how was your stay at the St. Marie?

7. Re: Emergency!! Have to book by tomorrow!!! Where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 05:27