We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turducken

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
11 posts
Save Topic
Turducken

Does anyone know who has the best Turduckens in New Orleans? I want to buy one - uncooked - to take home.

New Orleans
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Turducken

Gourmet Butcher Block in Gretna (West Bank) has excellent turduckens. Their number is 504-392-5700.

I believe they also ship.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turducken

That was a good suggestion the previous poster had. I'd hate to go through security and trying to explain a turducken and I hope you are not disappointed in it. To me all the flavors just run together and not worth the price but then again its a personal opinion.

Chicago
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Turducken

If you've already had/made them, and like, then great.

If not .... I've had them at peoples' homes, and restaurants. The worst one, actually, was at Palace Cafe last Xmas. A shame, for such a nice restaurant. Or maybe it was me .... too much meat, thick, overcooked and dry.

But there are different tastes, different chefs, and good and bad days.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turducken

i completely agree with cajunyank!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
522 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turducken

I agree with the recommendation for Gourmet Butcher Block .

Illinois
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Turducken

Thanks for the input! I usually get turduckens and stuffed chickens from a place called Hebert's in Maurice LA (I have family in LaFayette so I'm there more often than NO.) A good point was made about the flavors running together. I may just stick to some alligator and crawfish stuffed chickens. I am guessing that the Butcher Block may have the stuffed chickens, boudin, and the like. I'll give them a call - Thanks for the number!

BTW - I live in So. IL - so it's a quick 8 hours by (fast) car to get to my favorite city - so no airport security issues with the fowl!

Napa, California
Level Contributor
217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turducken

Hebert's in Maurice invented the thing. While there I would get some boneless stuffed chickens, which are better than the Turducken. Also, if out in the country, Luke's Meat Market in Ville Platte has fantastic boneless stuffed chickens. I prefer one stuffed w/crawfish dressing, but rice dressing is almost as good.

8. Re: Turducken

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 20:15