We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jackson Square Artists.

Easton, Pa.
Level Contributor
643 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Jackson Square Artists.

Hi,

Have the Artists, Fortune Tellers, and Mimes returned to Jackson Square ?

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jackson Square Artists.

Yes, indeed. I've gone down to NOLA many times since Katrina and have seen them each time around Jackson Square.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,088 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jackson Square Artists.

Yep, even the little tap dancing kids are back!

Miami,FL
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jackson Square Artists.

Palm readers, artists, tap dancing kids...all back

Easton, Pa.
Level Contributor
643 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jackson Square Artists.

There was a lady on the corner who did paintings of Nola scenes on pieces of slate. Does anyone know if she is still there or if anyone else is doing the slate art ?

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jackson Square Artists.

Fortune tellers are back along with many others. You won't be disappointed.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,592 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jackson Square Artists.

The last time in I saw slate art near the Decatur St. and St. Peter area along the fence, just down from where Al Federico was set up.

Denton
Level Contributor
356 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jackson Square Artists.

Can anyone recommend a really good artist to draw portraits . . . not caricatures? I would like to have mine done and would like for it to actually look like me!

I had mine done on my honeymoon . . . 43 years ago . . . and it was really good. It would be fun to have it done again.

Going over MLK weekend . . . haven't been to NO in over 25 years . . . really looking forward to returning.

Thanks in advance,

Sandy (in Denton)

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,592 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jackson Square Artists.

Its difficult to pick out a specific artist as they do change meaning the same artist isn't there all the time. The best way is to walk around the square and see their artwork and even better see them doing someone else and If you like what you see, set up a time with them to do yours.

9. Re: Jackson Square Artists.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 14:18