We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new orleans hotels-i'm confused

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
new orleans hotels-i'm confused

Hi-

I know there are many great hotels in and around the french quarter. I'm having so much trouble deciding!

My fiance and I are going in March for 3 nights. I've been considering the Monteleone, W, or the Chateau Sonesta. The Royal Sonesta rates are high, However, I booked us in for the experience and my b-day-one night. I'm not locked in to this, but have it held. There are pros and cons to the others. Possibly a better suggestion for the other two nights? Or a better suggestion for all 3?

We are a young 40, so we want to be somewhat near it all - yet not too loud. Definitely want to be walking distance (within a few blocks of all-since we are only there for a few days.

Thanks so much for your help!

Jennifer

Georgia
Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: new orleans hotels-i'm confused

We like the Bourbon Orleans too but haven't been there since pre-Katrina. Have not stayed at the other ones mentioned, so can't compare it to them. We've always thought the Monteleone looked elegant, and its location seems OK, but we've stuck with the B. O. since we like it. There are usually special deals on the rates there as well.

I think the poster probably meant that the Monteleone is located over far towards the Canal side of the FQ, not far "from" it. Just supposing on that--

12. Re: new orleans hotels-i'm confused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 23:15