We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your favorite N.O. (French Quarter) Restaurant and Why?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
589 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Your favorite N.O. (French Quarter) Restaurant and Why?

Help us pick out the best places to eat in the French Quarter for the 3 nights we'll be there....We want to sample all sorts of fun stuff....(that which tastes good too). Thanks.

Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
406 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your favorite N.O. (French Quarter) Restaurant and Why?

My favorite FQ restaurant:

Bayona -- wonderful sweetbreads along with an oyster gratin that's spectacular. My favorite place to go every time we visit NO (and we visit often).

Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
406 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your favorite N.O. (French Quarter) Restaurant and Why?

My favorite FQ restaurant:

Bayona -- wonderful sweetbreads along with an oyster gratin that's spectacular. My favorite place to go every time we visit NO (and we visit often).

Frisco (Dallas), TX
Level Contributor
380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your favorite N.O. (French Quarter) Restaurant and Why?

We like to eat cheap and good. We have EXCELLENT experiences with Acme Oyster House every time we visit.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your favorite N.O. (French Quarter) Restaurant and Why?

I really loved GW Fins. They have great seafood, a wonderful environment and an extensive wine list.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your favorite N.O. (French Quarter) Restaurant and Why?

Mr. B's, Bayona, Dickie Brennan's, Arnauds jazz room, GW Fins, Muriels, and Irene's would be AMONG my faves.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
522 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your favorite N.O. (French Quarter) Restaurant and Why?

I love Dickie Brennan's Steak House. I'm generally not a red meat fan, but the filet here is out of this world and cooked to my specifications (and I'm picky!)

Newton, NJ
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Your favorite N.O. (French Quarter) Restaurant and Why?

Commander's Palace, D!ck and Jenny's and Bayonne were are favorites. Commander's service and food were just classic! Bayonne was romantic and food excellent. D!ck and Jenny's was fun and the food was great.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your favorite N.O. (French Quarter) Restaurant and Why?

I like PamSues choices but should note that D&J and Commanders are both a couple of miles away from the FQ.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your favorite N.O. (French Quarter) Restaurant and Why?

Just in the FQ, Muriel's on Jackson Square, the decor can only be New Orleans and the food is wonderful local fare, lunch is especially reasonably priced. Nice to sit at the bar in the back and stare at the candles while sipping your favorite drink too, AH! An expensive (but oh, so worth it) luxury is breakfast at Brennan's. The place is beautiful, food and service are exquisite. There are breakfast choices here you won't find other places. If you go, in addition to being prepared to spend some $, be prepared to spend time luxuriating in a long, scrumptous feast of a breakfast. Don't forget to have a bloody mary or mimosa to drink and bananas foster for dessert. Makes me woozy with joy just thinking about it,LOL.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Your favorite N.O. (French Quarter) Restaurant and Why?

I'd vote for GW Fins as well. Great food, service, ambience and FQ location.