We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Orleans Jazz Festival

Seattle
Level Contributor
153 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
New Orleans Jazz Festival

we will happen to be in New Orleans during their Jazz Festival. Is it worth the $50 to go for one day? Are the food booths worth it?

And any good recommendations for a must have meal that is not overpriced will be appreciated!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Orleans Jazz Festival

Jazzfest is AMAZING, and if you're in town, you should definitely try to get tickets to go. The food booths, great music and lively crowds make it completely worth the price, plus there are some big name stars that play through. The Crawfish Monica and soft-shell crab po-boys are must eats at Jazzfest, but there is just so much good food to go around.

In fact, for many locals, Jazzfest rivals Mardi Gras for best New Orleans event - I kid you not!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Orleans Jazz Festival

Here's the home page for Jazzfest. There's a pulldown menu under "Music Schedule." You can review the performers for each day and decide if its worth $50 to you to see them. I agree with Worldtraveler. The performances and the food booths are definitely worth $50.

http://www.nojazzfest.com/

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Orleans Jazz Festival

Be sure to check out the food page when you visit RodinLouisiana's link. I think that will answer your ? re the food.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
280 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Orleans Jazz Festival

I will be returning for my 4th JF. Do check out the schedule. The food, music and atmosphere are incredible. It is well worth the money to experience the whole thing.

Northern VA
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: New Orleans Jazz Festival

$50 to see hundreds of world class musical acts all in one place and eat some of the most amazing food on the planet, yeah I'd say its worth it. Thousands of people travel from all over the country (including me coming from VA) for Jazz Fest so if you "happen to be in town" you will definately not want to miss it

Napa, California
Level Contributor
217 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Orleans Jazz Festival

Check out the schedule and go on a day that has some bands you like. And absolutely get a softshell crab po-boy. Heavenly!

new iberia, la
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Orleans Jazz Festival

Jazz Fest is most definitely worth the $50. The music is amazing and the food choices are outstanding- I second the Crawfish Monica and check out the Crawfish Bread. If you enjoy food and music you will love it. It can get really crowded and is hot but check out some of the smaller stages- I always recommend the gospel tent- it is soooo cool.

cajungirl

8. Re: New Orleans Jazz Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 14:21