We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casamento's

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Casamento's

Does anybody have any recent information good or bad on Casmento's? There are only 3 review and they are old.

much oblighed

Sparkle099

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casamento's

I was there in late January- is that recent enough? I had a great meal and am definitely planning on going again when I come back. my partner and I shared a plate of oysters, a cup of oyster stew, an oyster loaf and a softshell crab loaf. All of it was great.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casamento's

Thanks! It looks pretty awesome!

Sparkle099

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,553 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casamento's

Oysters, Oysters, & Oysters..but they used to close down some months during the summer so I haven't checked but it used to be June, July, and August.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casamento's

Casamento's definitely has some of the best oysters in the city. They're closed Sundays and Mondays, and they close for this summer on May 24th.

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casamento's

I was there a few weeks ago and had a great lunch...oyster loaf. My friend had the soft-shell plate. The gumbo was wonderful.

This is a true New Orleans classic! Hope you're not going in the summer.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casamento's

WOW! Oyster Loaf, that sounds fabulous. Good to know about the closing date. I will just make then, I am set to visit May 22-May 27th. I will definately make the extra effort.

Sparkle099

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casamento's

Be sure and use the restroom......all the way through the kitchen to the outside porch! Classic!

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casamento's

And one more thing while I'm at it....try Dick and Jenny's..no reservations but go early around 5 p.m. and get in line. Well worth the effort. It's Uptown on Tchoupitoulas near Napoleon Avenue.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casamento's

Thanks! I'm so excited I can barely wait to the end of the month@!

Sparkle099

10. Re: Casamento's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 13:16