We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cajun Cooking Class for me & my 7 yr old??? thoughts?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hanover, Maryland
5 posts
Save Topic
Cajun Cooking Class for me & my 7 yr old??? thoughts?

I am thinking about doing one of the Cajun Cooking classes that i keep reading about... My husband and father0in-law have NO DESIRE to participate in such activity... so it would just be me & my 7 year old daughter- whol LOVES food & LOVES to help cook!

Is this soemthing that we would like?

Any good places/ websites??

Avg. Price?

Anyone do these before?

Thanks!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cajun Cooking Class for me & my 7 yr old??? thoughts?

I've done the Cookin' Cajun class held at the Riverwalk, and it was a lot of fun. It's not a hands' on class, but you learn a lot about New Orleans food and history (lots of inside tips) and get to eat the food afterwards. The class runs about $25/person. They also offer hands' on classes, but they are considerably more expensive. www.cookincajun.com/

I've had friends do the New Orleans School of Cooking in the French Quarter too, and they've enjoyed themselves. They offer both regular and hands' on classes. http://www.neworleansschoolofcooking.com/

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cajun Cooking Class for me & my 7 yr old??? thoughts?

I think you will enjoy the Riverwalk cooking class the previous poster mentioned. And, the Riverwalk is a place your family can hang out in for awhile to window shop and escape the heat while you 2 are enjoying the class. They also serve drinks and lunch if the rest of the family is interested.

3. Re: Cajun Cooking Class for me & my 7 yr old??? thoughts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 07:16