We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Location Great Price! Le Richlieu, New orleans

Fayetteville,Ar.
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Great Location Great Price! Le Richlieu, New orleans

Perfect if you want a quite restful escape from busy Bourbon St. The bar and courtyard are very relaxing. The staff were very helpful in all aspects of our stay. The free guarded parking was a huge plus if your driving or renting a car.

The hotel is in somewhat in neighborhood of locals. It was very clean and comfortable.I was impressed by the city's appreciation of tourists.

The Quarter was clean and patroled well,I never felt unsafe.

Which I enjoyed. The balcony was nice to people watch in the mornings. The bar tender makes a wonderful Brandy Milk Punch! I really enjoyed my stay, I will go back !!!!! Chamber at Fayetteville, AR.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Location Great Price! Le Richlieu, New orleans

Nice hotel report! I've only heard good things about the hotel recently, and the free parking definitely seems like a big plus. You should also write a hotel review for Le Richelieu :)

WV
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Location Great Price! Le Richlieu, New orleans

what is brandy milk punch?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Location Great Price! Le Richlieu, New orleans

Brandy Milk Punch is a classic old New Orleans eye-opener, usually served at brunch.

Some recipes call for milk; others for half-and-half. (Google "Brandy Milk Punch" for pages of hits.)

From the Brennan family (Commander's, Cafe Adelaide, Brennan's, etc.) comes this recipe:

2 ounces brandy

1 ounce Simple Syrup

1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 1/2 ounces milk

Freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish

Combine all the ingredients in cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice. Garnish with a light dusting of freshly grated nutmeg and serve immediately.

======================================================

Here's great local bartender Chris McMillian, shaking up a Brandy Milk Punch on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFD2QTkvUhU

4. Re: Great Location Great Price! Le Richlieu, New orleans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 09:20