We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best Jambalaya

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
best Jambalaya

Last year I went to the Swamp Fest at the Audubon Zoo and had the most amazing jambalaya in a little cup. It really wasn't anything special, but I haven't found another jambalaya that I like as much as that one...I've tried quite a few restaurants in the quarter to find a really good jambalaya and have yet to match it...Mother's was pretty good too, but I REALLY enjoyed the one from the Swamp Fest..so if anyone knows who caters that event, I would love to know, so maybe I could find some on my next trip:)

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best Jambalaya

K Paul's was always my favorite. Avoid Masperos like the plague! Too wet and clumpy.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best Jambalaya

Here's the list of caterers that supplied food for Swamp Fest 2007:

Restaurants and caterers that will be serving these taste-tempting Cajun dishes are: 4 of Us, Catering Unlimited, Galley Restaurant, Jeanminette Creole Kitchen, Love at First Bite, Palmer’s Cuisine, Voleo’s Seafood Restaurant, Saltwater Grill and Seafood Market and Audubon Nature Institute.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,553 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best Jambalaya

I'd have to agree with the Saltwater Grill and the Galley Restaurant and then in the FQ Pauls and Coops.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best Jambalaya

I would second Coop's - very good jambalaya!

The Zoo facilities actually serve pretty decent food (in the Cypress Knee Cafe) for a park/amusement attraction, so I never mind eating there when I'm visiting.

I like Saltwater Grill's soft shell crabs more so than their other offerings.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
1,122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best Jambalaya

my vote goes to K PAULS

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
92 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best Jambalaya

Coop's

http://www.coopsplace.net/index.html

Napa, California
Level Contributor
217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best Jambalaya

Sadly, you just missed the jambalaya festival in Gonzales, on labor Day weekend, where you could have tried dozens of varieties. Personally, I prefer the roux based, no tomato. Maybe next year: www.jambalayafestival.org

8. Re: best Jambalaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 05:30