We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FQ Restaurant w/ Kids?

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
82 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
FQ Restaurant w/ Kids?

We're headed down to the Quarter tomorrow, and we're looking for a good place to eat w/ a (well behaved!) kid. We plan on visitin the Aquariim and Insectarium, so something not too far from that would be great.

We've done Landry's and Bubbu Gumps and weren't too impressed. Any suggestions!?

Thanks!

Florida
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FQ Restaurant w/ Kids?

For diner I'd try The Superior Grill. It's Mexican, with LOTS of choices. (www.superiorgrill.com) There are lots of families there with kids there and the portions are gigantic at an excellent value. It's located at 3636 St. Charles.

Another place to look consider is the Camellia Grill. Having read so much about it on TA, my family & I made it a "must do" last trip, and we're glad we did! Best burgers, huge omlettes, and a fun staff. Either place, you can't go wrong, both are easy via the streetcar, but way quicker by car.

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
82 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FQ Restaurant w/ Kids?

Thanks for suggestions. I think we might try Superior Grill if we feel up for Mexican.

Camellia might be a little far from downtown. Maybe we'll try that on our next trip to the zoo. It's always SO crowded, we've never tried it, but I hear great things.

Other ideas?

Thanks!

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FQ Restaurant w/ Kids?

Sounds like you may be looking for a little more upscale local places rather than chain restaurants. We took our 12 year old son to Red Fish Grill (100 block of Bourbon near Canal) several weeks ago and we all enjoyed it. Palace Cafe would be another one near there that would be nice. For both of these Brennan restaurants, I saw some folks casually dressed in shorts.

Mulate's may be fun...closer to the Aquarium. It's out of Breaux Bridge and has a cajun band with dancing. We haven't been since the storm but I did find the food very seasoned. If you go, be sure to specify the amount of "heat" that you like.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FQ Restaurant w/ Kids?

There are too many great restaurants in New Orleans for me to stop at Ralph and Kacoo's, but it does get decent reviews from many visitors, and the menu has lots of choices for children. Since you specifically requested a restaurant in the French Quarter, and since the two prior choices you listed are seafood places, I'll throw it up for consideration.

www.ralphandkacoos.com/main/index.php…

New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
602 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FQ Restaurant w/ Kids?

I vote for Redfish Grille...my kids (6 and 12 years) like it and it's right in the Quarter.

6. Re: FQ Restaurant w/ Kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 13:17