We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancelled this Weekend - How about you?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Cancelled this Weekend - How about you?

I waited as long as possible but had to use good judgement and cancel plans for this Labor Day Weekend in New Orleans. We were driving up from Florida and figured that by Sunday we'd get booted out anyway. Also thought I-10 would be grid locked and fuel next to impossible to obtain (been through Florida Hurricanes).

Harrah's was as usual, more than cooperative with the situation at hand.

Just curious as to how those that cancelled with airlines, hotels, etc. made out...

and to the great people of New Orleans should this come your way, Nous sommes avec vous dans le coeur, l'esprit, et les prières.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancelled this Weekend - How about you?

And that last sentence translate to "we are with you in heart, spirit, and you're in our prayers".

Amen.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
477 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancelled this Weekend - How about you?

Yes I canceled as well...Delta let me rebook with no penalty and Ritz Carlton let me cancel with no penalty either. Everyone understands. I am calling today to cancel restauarant reservations.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancelled this Weekend - How about you?

We cancelled as well:( I'm so disappointed, but I know it is worse for the people living in NOLA. Our hotel made the decision easier for us, because they have already announced that they were closing on Sunday and returning on Wednesday, and seeing as we only have so many days off, it just wasn't feasible for us to push the vacation back any further. We are going to Savannah (Georgia) instead, and I'm excited, but still disappointed that it's not New Orleans!

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancelled this Weekend - How about you?

Cancelled here also. Starwood Hotels (W New Orleans) couldn't have been more helpful and charged no penalty. Likewise, our favorite airline, Southwest, charged no penalty. Our planned trip was short -just Fri-Sunday, but the prospect of having trouble getting to the airport Sunday and with limited pre-evacuation taking place now was all disconcerting.

Seattle, WA
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancelled this Weekend - How about you?

I haven't cancelled my trip, however I am not flying in until Wednesday late afternoon so I think I will be okay.

new york
Level Contributor
20 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancelled this Weekend - How about you?

Postfr

We are arriving on Sept. 5th and I hope all will be well at that point. It's our first time visiting NOLA and have been really looking forward to the visit. I have reservations at Maison Dupuy, Royal Sonesta and Omni Royal and will cancel 2 of the 3, but not sure which one is the nicest. Any suggestions? I will watch the weather and made a decision by Tuesday.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancelled this Weekend - How about you?

In My Opinion. Omni Royal is the nicest..

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancelled this Weekend - How about you?

I've never regretted the Omni unless I got one of those "petite" rooms which face the blank wall. If they guarantee you a Quarter view and preferably a room which is a step up from "petite", I'd stay at the Omni.

9. Re: Cancelled this Weekend - How about you?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline requiring that all messages be written in English. It is not possible for the forum staff to provide translations. Foreign language comments exclude many readers from obtaining what may be pertinent information, which defeats the purpose of an open forum.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2008, 04:54
Florida
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cancelled this Weekend - How about you?

sbuser...

I know, but you have lots of French influence in Le Vieux Carré, a/k/a the FRENCH QUARTER! I certainly can't use my French here in South Florida (well occasionally I can thanks to our visitors from Quebec).

I went to the Napoleon exhibit at the Old Mint, during the Satchmo Festival. Both were fantastic. I must have been there with French tourists, most were speaking French throughout the exhibit.

Regardless of the language, its the content that mattered.