We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

January Visit

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
126 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
January Visit

What is it like in NOLA in January as far as weather for site seeing and just in general for a visit?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: January Visit

Weather can be fairly unpredictable in New Orleans, but January tends to be one of the coldest months of the year. It's not too rainy, but it's definitely coat and scarf weather.

Last year, January and February were downright freezing (40s and below).

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: January Visit

During the day it's usually bearable, but Jan is one of the colder months for sure. I know weather.com has a function where you can look at a city's monthly averages. Definitely bring gloves, a winter coat, etc. - but also bring layers, because it could be quite temperate, you just never know!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: January Visit

I just posted something detailed on this subject in another topic this evening. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll try to find it for you.

New York State
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: January Visit

We've visited NOLA in January three times, and return Jan 2009. Since we're from Buffalo, NY, Jan in NOLA is like spring to us!

Jan after the Sugar Bowl is a great time to visit- not crowded, all the restaurants are easily reserved. We bring a spring jacket, sweater, and a hat/scarf for evening.

Go and have a great time seeing NOLA without the heat and crowds!

5. Re: January Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 04:19