We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windsor Court or Marriott Convention Center

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
193 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Windsor Court or Marriott Convention Center

We will be attending a convention in New Orleans and are trying to decide between Windsor Court and the Convention Center Marriott. The rate is the same, but Windsor Court includes breakfast. We are looking for a luxury motel, close to the convention center, with a wonderful bed. Which hotel would you recommend?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Windsor Court or Marriott Convention Center

Definitely the Windsor Court! The Windsor Court used to be the top luxury hotel in the New Orleans area (now, in my opinion the Ritz Carlton has surpassed it). But, the Windsor Court still has a lot of charm and elegance and still typifies New Orleans luxury.

The Marriott Convention Center is not even the top Marriott property in New Orleans and has way more of a generic, corporate feel to it.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
193 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Windsor Court or Marriott Convention Center

I have noticed in the reviews of Windsor Court some of the rooms need updating. I this your opinion?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Windsor Court or Marriott Convention Center

Stay at the Windsor Court - it's nice!! Do the afternoon tea there too! I don't know about the rooms, but the service and decor are rather lovely in the main areas.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Windsor Court or Marriott Convention Center

Yes, the hotel could use a renovation, but it's not shabby by any stretch. It's still a better bet than the Marriott.

Jackson, Mississippi
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Windsor Court or Marriott Convention Center

I stayed at the Windsor Court 6 months ago. IMO it was a HUGE disappointment. Everything was old and outdated. Extremely slow elavators too boot!

Beside's our room having 20 year old furniture, carpet and draperies....the TV was a 19" with a odd remote control that appeared 20 years old.

Service staff was average at best. There are many other "mid-luxury" hotels with much better rooms, service, etc.

Chow!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Windsor Court or Marriott Convention Center

The fact that the Windsor is the same price as a rather-generic (but very nice) Marriott is telling in itself.

I agree with the others and would stay at the Windsor Court. Better location and a very classic luxury hotel. It DOES need a renovation but that fact alone isn't enough for me to suggest you go to a hotel a few blocks farther outside the French Quarter.

(I would recommend the Marriott IF you want to be closer to the convention center OR are really dead-set on that "comfy bed" thing since it wins on both counts!)

Minnesota
Level Contributor
193 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Windsor Court or Marriott Convention Center

How far is Windsor Court from the Convention Center. I have read anywhere from 1 block to a 10 - 15 minute walk.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Windsor Court or Marriott Convention Center

New Orleans has a very large convention center that spans many city blocks, so that's probably why you have heard conflicting information, since it depends on which part of the convention center in which you have your meeting.

The Windsor Court is about 5 blocks from one of the entrances to the Convention Center, but it's a short walk (5-10 minutes).

9. Re: Windsor Court or Marriott Convention Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 06:20