We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi to Willie Mae's

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hartford...
Level Contributor
510 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
taxi to Willie Mae's

We are booked for a 2 hour St. Louis Cemetery tour on Sat at 9am. Would it make sense to part way with the tour group and take a taxi directly to Willie Mae's Scotch house for lunch or should we go back to the quarter and cab it from there?

I guess I need to know if there will be cabs available outside the cemetery AND would getting to Willie Mae's for lunch at about 11:30 mean a long wait??

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi to Willie Mae's

The St. Louis Cemetery is essentially right across the street from the French Quarter (about two short blocks away). I don't know if there will be taxis right outside the cemetery exit, but you're so close to the Quarter that you'll find plenty of taxis there.

As for Willie Mae's, service in general is very slow, so it's not only the rush-hour lunch crowd that slows things down. I'd just budget a nice, leisurely lunch into your schedule.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi to Willie Mae's

As you come out of St. Louis I you will be right beside Basin Street Station which has some good tourist information and an easy spot to call a cab to pick you up to go to Willie Mae's. Get the number of the cab company (I rec. United) and have it for your trip back.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
510 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi to Willie Mae's

Thank you both for your responses. I will bring along United Cab's phone #.

4. Re: taxi to Willie Mae's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 17:35