We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which place at Ray's on the river

Hartford...
Level Contributor
512 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Which place at Ray's on the river

Just realized there are 4 different venues at Ray's on the river: The View; Club 360; Level thirty-one; The Jazz Lounge.

Which of the four do you think a couple in their late 50 would enjoy the most? (I'm thinking the crowd at Club 360 might be a wee bit too young for us). We are looking to go for a cocktail at dusk on our first night there (THIS FRIDAY!!!yAHOO!)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which place at Ray's on the river

I would go with the Jazz Lounge and the View. We have a bunch of formals and parties at Club 360, but it's more for the singles crowd, so not exactly your thing.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
512 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which place at Ray's on the river

Thanks for your response. You pretty much confirmed what I was thinking, and I'm guessing the views are similiar?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which place at Ray's on the river

Violet, I'm thinking that if you're there at dusk, you're going to beat the young crowd by a few hours. You'll probably have the place almost all to yourself.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which place at Ray's on the river

Violet, one other item. Club 360 revolves, making a complete circuit every hour. (Don't put your drink on the ledge by the window. It won't be there when you reach for it again) I don't believe the other venues revolve.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,364 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which place at Ray's on the river

There's a bar that turns around 360 degrees?? (hence the name I guess) Where is it. That sounds like something that should go on the to do list for my 1st trip in April.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,364 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which place at Ray's on the river

I found their website, wow! Looks might fancy schmancy in there. Is there a dress code, or can a person show up for a drink in shorts and a t.shirt, especially in the evening? (the idea of going there at dusk is an excellent one).

Hartford...
Level Contributor
512 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which place at Ray's on the river

Rod....Aaaaahh-Club 360 revolves! No wonder I made note of it a long time ago (when I was planning our original trip in 2005) and come to think of it-- you, Rod, may have been the one to suggest going there at sunset????? I know I got the idea from a frequent TA poster.

Club 360 it is! We used to have a revolving restaurant in nearby Springfield, Massachusetts--it was fun to watch the scenery s-l-o-w-l-y change!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which place at Ray's on the river

The dress code is typical club wear, but I don't think they'd have a problem with casual dress since you'll be arriving fairly early in the evening. Most girls wear jeans and a top anyway.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which place at Ray's on the river

I've been there a couple of times pre K, but not since Christmas 2004, since I believe they were closed for a period of time, so I don't know what the current hours of Club 360 are. Dusk would be a perfect time for a cocktail and a spin around.

I know that it is now a dance club, but in the past, we've gone up around dusk, had a couple cocktails, and watched the sun go down and the lights come up in the CBD and French Quarter. They'd seat us on the CBD side, and then we'd rotate around to see Canal St., the FQ and then around to the river view.

Again, this was years ago. I emailed them and called the number on the website requesting their hours recently but never got a reply. Please let us know what you find out about hours when you return, if you would. TIA

Hartford...
Level Contributor
512 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which place at Ray's on the river

Yes, GumboK, I will report back. I'll post my trip report when I return next week! ---after I re-cooperate :-)