We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uptown Hotels

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Uptown Hotels

My family will be visiting my daughter who is living in the Uptown area over Christmas and New Years. We are looking for a hotel or B & B to stay at not too far from her. Not sure whether our kids (older teens) will stay with us or with their sister. We will have a car and will probably spend a lot of time sight seeing. I haven't begun doing research on what we will be doing, so I will wait to ask for recommendations on that venue later.

Thanks in advance for the hotel/B & B suggestions.

WV
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uptown Hotels

There is a site dedicated to the B and B's in NOLA by neighborhood. I would probably opt for that over a hotel in Uptown. I know you are not checking into eateries yet, but I am sure gonna eat at Jacques Imo's whne I get there in 4 days. YUMMY

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uptown Hotels

There are many options in the Garden District area for hotels and B&Bs. For starters, there is the Best Western (budget option) on St. Charles, then there is the Hampton Inn on St. Charles (they have a parking lot on site), then there is The Columns Hotel, a historic property. These 3 are within 2 blocks of each other and on 3535 St. Charles is another B&B, (can't remember the name right now). There are numerous other options, a few B&Bs on Magazine St. in the Lower Garden District, and other B&Bs and hotels (Quality Inn, Clarion, Avenue Plaza, a Wyndham timeshare, and Garden Inn) further up and down on St. Charles, as well as a few B&B's on Louisiana Ave.

Do check a few of those B&B websites (B&Bfinder, etc.) and see what turns up that suits you. I imagine your daughter will have some ideas in terms of location once you narrow down some of your choices.

Enjoy!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uptown Hotels

Here's a link to the Professional Innkeepers of New Orleans (PIANO) web site. If you'll click on the "Find a B&B" tab, you'll see a block that will allow you to search by neighborhood. Uptown is one of the neighborhood choices.

http://www.bbnola.com/

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,065 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uptown Hotels

You might consider the Chimes Bed and Breakfast in the Garden District. It get good reviews.

5. Re: Uptown Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 03:16