We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where can we watch the Saints game on December 11th

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,811 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
where can we watch the Saints game on December 11th

We will arrive in New Orleans on December 11th, and our two favorite teams, the Saints and Bears (home state team) play each other that night. We are traveling with my best friend who despises football.

Where can we go for dinner that has a tv screen but isn't necessarily a sports bar. I know that if we try to go to a sports bar, she will know what we are up to. But if we can find a restaurant or small bar that serves food where we can watch the game, we can fake it, just act surprised when we walk in...like "oh how about that, the game is on!"

Any suggestions for our trickery?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where can we watch the Saints game on December 11th

Honestly, anywhere with a TV will have the Saints game on (restaurant, bar, lounge), so you can take your pick! If your friends like seafood, try Acme Oyster House or Deanie's, since both have bar areas that'll be showing the game. If your hotel has a lounge, that might also be a good bet.

Deception Island
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: where can we watch the Saints game on December 11th

If the Saints are playing you're not getting away from that game wherever you go!

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
1,222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where can we watch the Saints game on December 11th

You won't get thristy at Cooter Brown's

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,811 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where can we watch the Saints game on December 11th

Thanks for the replies...I haven't eaten at any of those places, so all would be a new experience for us. As long as there is a tv with the Saints on, I'll be happy!

xaos, I'm from Illinois too!

Chicagoland area
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where can we watch the Saints game on December 11th

honestly, just go to the game, it's a great experience, just don't wear your bears colors. i just got back from the packer/saints game (ugh) and they were selling tickets on the 50 yard line in the lower section for under $50. I bought mine in advance for $150 each and all my friends got in for under $50 and better seats.

Chicagoland area
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where can we watch the Saints game on December 11th

oops, my bad, the saints have to play in chicago. double ugh for them...

Coops on Decatur has a big screen tv and good food too, you might wanna head over there. Molly's is next to them but they have tiny tv's.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,811 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where can we watch the Saints game on December 11th

gblinda, before we decided to take this trip to New Orleans, I had actually thought about driving up to Chicago (200 miles for us) to see the game...then I thought about being outside at Soldier Field in December....nah. We went there once in November for a game and nearly froze to death.

Tampa
Level Contributor
161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where can we watch the Saints game on December 11th

Bourbon House has tons of big tvs and good food. Not a sports bar.....but a good place.

Deannies or Acme would be good spots. There is also a mexican restaurant that I believe is on the corner of st peters and something....awesome margaritas and lots of tvs..cant remember the name

9. Re: where can we watch the Saints game on December 11th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 01:17