We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heading to new orleans tomorrow what bars to go to

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
heading to new orleans tomorrow what bars to go to

I am traveling with some friends from england and ireland and was wondering where the best places on bourbon street to take them to?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: heading to new orleans tomorrow what bars to go to

There are so many but Pat O'Brien's and Tropical Isle are two popular choices! For a more classy experience, try the Carousel Bar at the Monteleone and the Bombay Club (both NOT on Bourbon though!)

WV
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: heading to new orleans tomorrow what bars to go to

How long will you be there? You will not run out of bars for sure. On Bourbon- O'Briens is a classic tourist stop for hurricanes or mint juleps. Tropical Isle(s)there are 3 I think-beach Club has good music as well as drinks. Funky Pirate has Big Al (great music) and of course drinks, Lafitte's Blacksmith Shoppe- quite a ways down Bourbon (600 block if I recall) is reported to be the oldest bar in the country and has a neat atmosphere- but you will never get there unless you make it a point to go-you will be wasted way before that if you start near the Canal end of the street.

Napolean's (not on Bourbon) has the best Pimm's cups and of course there is the Ryan's sports bar on Decauter for beer and standing outside trying to see the game LOL.

I doubt you'll go thirsty- have a great time!

3. Re: heading to new orleans tomorrow what bars to go to

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 22:17