We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prospect 1 New Orleans

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,072 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Prospect 1 New Orleans

I have read about this exhibit but I'm still confused about it. It is apparently something that is spread out throughout the city and you take a shuttle bus. Do you just hop on/off wherever you want? And what is there to see, I'm not sure if it is paintings, abstract art, etc? One of this exhibitors was listed as an auto body repair shop so I'm not sure what that is all about. And another exhibitor was just listed as 'Ninth Ward' with no specific address given. Very confusing.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prospect 1 New Orleans

Prospect 1 is an Internationl Art "Biennal". Artists from around the world make artworks on site in reaction and response to the city in which the exhibition is held. Many artists have made works about their response to Katrina. The exhibition is spread out across the city, including some areas of the Ninth ward where rebuilding has not yet begun. The organizers ae offering a shuttle bus to visit these far flung locations. An auto body shop is not that odd a venue as you may think. I am going and hopefully thousands of other people are coming also for this unique event supporting the rebirth of beloved New Orleans.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prospect 1 New Orleans

Here's the website: http://www.prospectneworleans.org/

And, this guy has some good photos of it on his Flickr page: flickr.com/photos/…

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prospect 1 New Orleans

Some of the installations are pretty interesting. If you're heading out to the Ninth Ward anyway on a self-guided tour, you should stop by some of these exhibits - a substitute for the pink houses!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,072 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prospect 1 New Orleans

Thanks - it really does look interesting! I hope we are able to do it on our upcoming trip.

5. Re: Prospect 1 New Orleans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 08:18