We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Website for Public Transportation in NO

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Website for Public Transportation in NO

Is there a web site for public transporation in New Orleans? I'd like to be able to put a starting address and a destination and be able to figure out how to get there via public transportation. Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Website for Public Transportation in NO

Try www.norta.com and www.jeffersontransit.org/

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Website for Public Transportation in NO

Thanks--I've been to those 2 sites, but I cant seem to find a route planner. I see the routes and the schedules. But what I was hoping to find is a site where I can type in my starting address and my final address and the busesand/or street cars to take will show up. For example I'm trying to see if I can go from the French Quarter to the Maple Leaf Bar by public transportation. I have the addresses, but would like to know the best way to get there by public tranportation if pssible. Am I missing that feature on those sites?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Website for Public Transportation in NO

Honestly, New Orleans public transportation is not the most advanced, so the sites might simply be missing that function.

Getting to the Maple Leaf is very easy though. The St. Charles Ave streetcar will take you to within only a few blocks. From the French Quarter/Canal St area, hop on the St. Charles Ave streetcar (NOT the Canal St streetcar) and ride all the way down to Uptown. The Maple Leaf is on Oak St., and the streetcar will pass this street. If you let your streetcar operator know, he/she will let you off at the closest stop. Use this route: www.norta.com/routes/route.php…

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Website for Public Transportation in NO

Thanks so much. Maybe I'lljust check in with you when we figure out where we might be going. also considering going to Rock and Bowl.

AR
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Website for Public Transportation in NO

If I'm not familiar with where I am going in NOLA, I pull up a map online, locate the place and then compare to the bus routes.

If you are arriving by air, there is an "express" to just outside the Quarter/CBD....very reliable and an easy walk to the hotels in the Quarter/CBD or down Canal.

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Website for Public Transportation in NO

skt, yes, that is one way. I was hoping that like many cities today NO had a "trip planner" function on their website.

AR
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Website for Public Transportation in NO

No, they don't, but the bus/streetcar system is reliable and covers a lot of the city. Have fun.

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Website for Public Transportation in NO

Good to hear, thanks -- i'm sure we'll have a great time!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Website for Public Transportation in NO

Yeah, just let us know where you want to go, and we'll be happy to point out the best streetcar routes, etc.

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Website for Public Transportation in NO

Thank you -- I may just do that once we figure out where we want to go.