We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Open Restaurants in NO on a Sunday

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Open Restaurants in NO on a Sunday

For some reason I seem to be striking out with finding a place to eat on a Sunday in NO. I finally settled on MiLa and got a call from them that they will no longer be open on Sundays. I know there must be tons of places open, but I keep choosing ones closed on Sundays. We're eating at Herbsaint and Brigstens and just need 1 more dinner place. We thought about the Restaurant August, but it seemed sort of stuffy. Want a place that takes reservations. Suggestions? thanks!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,559 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Open Restaurants in NO on a Sunday

Muriel's is very nice and has a jazz brunch on Sunday.

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Open Restaurants in NO on a Sunday

I just plugged in Sunday, Jan. 11 @ 7p.m. for two people and found lots of great choices on www.opentable.com. I've used this service a lot in case you're not familiar with it. It works and it's free.

Bon Appetit!

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Open Restaurants in NO on a Sunday

thanks for the suggetion of Muriels.

I don't know why I didnt think of doing that on Open Table -- great idea! Much better than web site searching.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Open Restaurants in NO on a Sunday

The Time-Picayune's Dining Guide has a good list: http://blog.nola.com/lagniappe/open_sunday/

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Open Restaurants in NO on a Sunday

worldtraveller -- very helpful! appreciate it.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Open Restaurants in NO on a Sunday

Marigny Brasserie on Frenchmen St and you can get some decent live music at DBA, down the street either before your meal or after your meal. THe food is divine! Restaurant August is very good, too! Palace Cafe is an option, too. I think Bayona's and Mat & Naddie's are also open on Sunday, the latter being on River Rd past the Riverbend, (a ways away from the FQ).

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Open Restaurants in NO on a Sunday

We got a reservation for jazz brunch at Mr. B's bistro on Sunday just a few days out. VERY good.

8. Re: Open Restaurants in NO on a Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 14:25