We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Muffulata?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Best Muffulata?

Hi,

We are here in New Orleans (having a great time) and my other half would like to get a Muffulata Sandwich. Where would you suggest he go to get the quintenssential one? Thanks.

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Muffulata?

Many reccomendations will be coming your way I'm sure, but my favorite is Serio's at 133 St Charles, think they're lunch only. Great stuff.

Carey

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Muffulata?

In the French Quarter, I would have to recommend Frank's for a classic muff, and Napoleon House for a warm muff!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Muffulata?

A warm muf is an abomination. Go to Central Grocery for the only muffuleta in town.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Muffulata?

I've never tried Frank's. I really like the Central Grocery muff, but I also LOVE olives. My husband likes the Central Grocery one, but has to pick off the olives, they're pretty strong. I also really enjoyed Napoleon's warm muffuletta..very different from Central Grocery, but also very good-it has a lighter taste than Central Grocery's. I think it's my new favourite:)

Let us know which one you picked and what you thought of it:)

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Muffulata?

Frank's-unless you like premade and sometimes dry muffulata's served with an attitude then Central is your place.

Colorado
Level Contributor
405 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Muffulata?

I used to like central market, but last time I was disapointed. When I arive next I will try Serio Bros as I have heard good things.

Also, I have to agree that a warm muffulata isn't a muffulata at all.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Muffulata?

Thanks everyone! Does The Grocery have anything else on the menu? A Muffulata does not sound good to me so while the other half enjoys one, I need some other options.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Muffulata?

not that I know of, if you really want to try the Central Grocery Muffuletta, you could always just get one to go and enjoy it in your room. Or go to one of the other places, Frank's or Napoleon's and sit down and enjoy your meal...they offer other menu items. I really like the atmosphere of Napoleon House.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Muffulata?

Thats sorta what I was gathering reading reviews. Its sounds like all they really do are Muffulatas. Franks may be the best choice since it looks like it is more of a restaurant. We have about 1 1/2 hours for a lunch break today and we want to go somewhere with table service.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Muffulata?

Franks was GREAT!! He loved the Muffulata. Thanks again.