We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of cab fares from FQ to Casemento's, Commanders Palace

Boston...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Cost of cab fares from FQ to Casemento's, Commanders Palace

Also Deanie's, and any other must eats outside the FQ?

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of cab fares from FQ to Casemento's, Commanders Palace

I don't think it would be much. I would call the cab company or have the hotel check it out for you. Note that Deanie's is in the Quarter. We love Dick and Genny's on Tchoupitoulas which would also require a cab ride.

WV
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of cab fares from FQ to Casemento's, Commanders Palace

You can get a United cab for 4 from Uptown (Jacques Imo's) to the Quarter for 20 including tip. Commanders is much closer, but if you are going in the daylight, I'd recommend taking the streetcar, getting off at Washington (I think) and walking 2 blocks to your left- cost 1.25 pp.

Walk to Deanie's.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of cab fares from FQ to Casemento's, Commanders Palace

Casamento's is on Magazine St and you can take the bus, if you want for $1.25 each way from Canal St., I think or a cab for about $10-15 one way, depending on where you start from (how far deep in the FQ).

Commander's would be about the same price, but the suggestion to take the streetcar is very reasonable day or evening. But, take a cab back at night, and the restaurant has plenty waiting outside the door for you.

I use United Cab regularly (have an account) and live a few blocks from Commander's.

I hope this helps.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of cab fares from FQ to Casemento's, Commanders Palace

There are a lot of great restaurants outside the French Quarter. For funky atmosphere and good food, try Jacques-Imo's at the Riverbend or Dick and Jenny's on Tchoupitoulas (Uptown).

Magazine Street has a lot of good eateries and cafes, too. http://www.magazinestreet.com/

5. Re: Cost of cab fares from FQ to Casemento's, Commanders Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 00:19