We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mr. B's question

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
Mr. B's question

What is the dress code for dinner at Mr.B's Bistro? The website states upscale casual, but I'm not too sure what that means. Does my husband have to wear a jacket or would nice slacks like khakis and a man tailored shirt be appropriate?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mr. B's question

No jackets are not required. In fact, very few restaurants require jackets. Khakis and collared shirt is perfectly appropriate! I've even seen people in jeans/shorts, though I wouldn't recommend it.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mr. B's question

Does the no jacket rule apply to Commanders also and the other upscale restaurants?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mr. B's question

Commander's does not require jackets, but you will see many people wearing them. Galatoire's, however, does require jackets.

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mr. B's question

In these near-apocalyse time, I have seen people in cut-off jeans, Razorback sweatshirts and ballcaps blissfully chawing their vittles at Mr. B's next to gents in suits, ladies in nice dresses. And everything bewtween. Nice slacks and a shirt with a collar will do nicely.

Have some BBQ shrimp for me!

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
584 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mr. B's question

We were there for lunch in Dec, we flew in, dropped our bags in our hotel and headed for Mr B's for barbecued shrimp and blue cheese butter tenderloin-mmmmmmm. It was warm and I had on denim cropped pants and a casual top (not tshirt), hubby had on jeans and a polo, we weren't the most dressed and we weren't the least dressed at lunch that Friday.

At dinner I would have switched to non-denim pants for sure. For your hubby, no jacket needed.

6. Re: Mr. B's question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 11:20