We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alternative to Hotel Monteleone

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
269 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
alternative to Hotel Monteleone

Hi everyone! My cousin is having her wedding reception at Hotel Monteleone(got eloped) June 13.We are planning to go for 4 nights so we have time to see NOLA. Im not very impressed with this hotel, although its a great price. Any suggestions of reasonably priced nicer hotels in the area that are close enough to meet up there with my family staying at Monteleone? Around $170/night, I guess. Or cheaper is great too!

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alternative to Hotel Monteleone

On bookit.com the 4 star french quarter mystery hotel is the Astor Crowne which is right across the street from the Monteleone.

I have stayed in both and do like the Astor Crowne so this may be an option. You would still be close to your group.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: alternative to Hotel Monteleone

In addition to the Astor Crowne Plaza, look into Iberville Suites and Chateau Bourbon - two other good, but more reasonably priced hotels.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
269 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: alternative to Hotel Monteleone

thanks, ill check those out too! Cate, how do you know what the mystery hotel is? just curious..im a bookit.com lover too!

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: alternative to Hotel Monteleone

We used bookit.com last year and this is where we stayed. We liked it enough that we did it again this year for the Jazzfest and got the same hotel.

Once you confirm you find out the name of the hotel. Make sure you book for the 4 star FRENCH QUARTER mystery hotel and not the downtown mystery hotel...they are different places.

Let me know if you have any questions

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: alternative to Hotel Monteleone

not impressed with the Monteleone?? :( It's my favorite FQ hotel - just feel like I need to put in my 2 cents there. Otherwise, I agree with the OPs suggestions for alternatives.

Dallas, Tx
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: alternative to Hotel Monteleone

We always stay at the Astor, you might want to also try the Omni royal orleans.

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: alternative to Hotel Monteleone

I would go with the Iberville Suites.

8. Re: alternative to Hotel Monteleone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 15:17