I am organizing am extended bachelor party weekend for a group of 35-40 year olds. I have a pretty good sense of the party/strip club scene on Bourbon--but that'll grow tired in about five minutes.
Accordingly, I'm looking for some other suggestions on things to see and do, and I have a number of questions:
- Various people have recommended Jacques-Imo's and the Maple Leaf as a night out. A good plan? If so, is there a preferable night to go (between Fri, Sat, and Sun)? Will we be able to get a table, etc?
- Hotel-wise, I'm looking for a place that's reputable, centrally located, and has an outdoor pool (I haven't been to NOLA in late May, but understand that it's hot). Any recommendations?
- How does Harrah's stack up vs. Vegas casinos? Do they comp drinks? Do they jack up the table limits on weekends? Is there a poker room?
- Where do the locals hang out? We're not really likely to stand on a street corner drinking hurricaines/hand grenades.
- I've read good things about both Rock'n'Bowl and Rock-n-Sake Bar & Sushi. Good choices? What time do people go?
- Are the airboat swap tours worth doing? They seem a little pricy ($70). Any specific operators recommended?
- Best breakfast and/or brunch joints?
- Finally, I will be making my way to Central Grocery for a muffuletta (I have been dreaming about them ever since my first visit). Any recommendations on other decent places to get Muff's and Po' Boys?
Thanks! Obviously, I don't expect anyone to answer all of those questions at once.