We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best deals on food and drink for Jazzfest

Ohio
Level Contributor
116 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best deals on food and drink for Jazzfest

I'm heading to Nola with my 7 best (girl) friends for jazz fest and we're really into saving money if we can. I've read about $.25 martinis at Commanders Palace (made lunch reservations) and $.10 drinks at BACCO for lunch. Are there any great deals in the evenings at bars? Thanks for your help. I LOVE TRIPADVISOR! We'll be staying at the Astor Crowne Plaza and will utilize the Executive Club to the fullest extent, too!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best deals on food and drink for Jazzfest

Practically every bar on Bourbon St (and many throughout the Quarter) have drink specials, 3 for 1s, happy hours all day, etc...

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best deals on food and drink for Jazzfest

The .25 cent martinis are terrific at Commander's Palace, but even with that, I don't think you will find your lunch to be a cost saving experience. It is a wonderful restaurant, but definitely upscale.

Was there last week and two of us spent $72.00 for lunch, (including gratuity), and we drank iced tea. It is true that we could have made cheaper choices, but certainly we could have easily found someplace to eat lunch cheaper, even with full priced martinis.

For a good meal that is inexpensive, Coop's Place is a good choice and the portions are so large two people can easily share an entree.

Central Grocery for absolutely huge and tasty Muffalettas, (4 girls could share one for lunch), is also a good choice on a budget.

Ohio
Level Contributor
116 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best deals on food and drink for Jazzfest

Thanks for those tips.

AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best deals on food and drink for Jazzfest

Commander's has a lunch special that usually begins around $15 and you can have as many 25 cent martinis as you can handle. Bacco's has several entrees under $15 or you can get a 2 course meal for $18 and you can have all the 10 cent martinis you can handle. Bacco's is less dressy than Commander's. I recommend either for a nice meal with good waiters, etc. Ride the streetcar to Washington and walk the rest of the way to Commander's....be sure to visit the cemetery across the street before or after.

Mr. B's has bloody mary's for $1.50 and also has lunch specials.

Some of the inexpensive places can be as much as either of the above mentioned once you pay for 2-3 drinks. However, you might want to try....Johnny's Po-Boys, Maspero's, Coop's, Petunias, DejaVu, Buffa's, Gumbo Shop, Chartres House,Croissant D'Or,Yo Mama's, Clover Grill(take your own drinks) and at 2:00 a.m. a Lucky Dog is great.....

This is just a small sampling of good places to eat....and I assume you know that the food at Jazz Fest itself is good! Also, most of the bars on Bourbon do 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 only until @ 8:00 on the weekends.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
217 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best deals on food and drink for Jazzfest

You can't goto jazzfest andnot get a softshell crab po-boy.

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best deals on food and drink for Jazzfest

Clover Grill is great for late night meals to fill up.

7. Re: Best deals on food and drink for Jazzfest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 17:24